Beginning early this year, R.E.A.L Schools had embarked on a dedicated transformation plan across its three campuses in Cheras, Shah Alam, and Johor Bahru that is set to offer students an education experience with a REAL difference.
Dr. Goh Chee Leong, new CEO of R.E.A.L Education Group, has driven and spearheaded this rigorous transformation plan. He believes that R.E.A.L Schools’ new approach based on the ’10 REAL Worlds’ model will equip students with practical real-world skills and prepare them to face the challenges of a VUCA world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous) and the 4th Industrial Revolution or ‘4IR’.
According to Dr Goh, “At R.E.A.L Schools, we believe that REAL Education prepares students for the REAL world. Our team of educators have put together a unique and enhanced school curriculum that makes education relevant and exciting and will ensure that your child is ready to thrive in the REAL world”. Among the highlights of R.E.A.L Schools’ enhanced curriculum include:
- Work internship programmes for senior students
- Strong STEM programme that includes opportunities to do independent research with universities
- Computer programming and other technopreneurship projects, which will ensure students are 4IR ready by exposing them to AI, Robotics, User Interface, Data Analytics, etc.
- REAL work simulations that expose students to different careers
- Self defence, outdoor survival skills, and first aid certification
- All students will be trained to run 5km and swim 4 laps of a swimming pool, plus learn 10 different sports
- Design and Innovation through Design and Technology (D&T) and Reka Bentuk Teknologi (RBT) courses, with all R.E.A.L Schools having enhanced Makerspaces
- Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship skills
- Excellent languages programme:
- SPM Bahasa Malaysia being offered to international school students
- Chinese school Mandarin curriculum for international school
- Cambridge IGCSE English offered in both national and international schools
- Arabic language is also offered as an option for students
- REAL World Leadership Programme which enables students to try different leadership roles every year in a variety of areas including academic mentoring, sports, technology, event management, peer support and performing arts.
- ‘Apple Partnership’ – in which iPads and Apple tools and applications are used to enhance students’ learning (R.E.A.L is the only Tier 3 school in its price range to be an Apple school)
What is special about R.E.A.L Schools’ curriculum is that the above offerings are all part of its core curriculum and every student would be able to learn these skills, i.e. these are not merely co-curricular activities or CCAs). On top of this, R.E.A.L Schools also offer excellent value for money by providing ‘Tier 2-level education at Tier 3 prices’. R.E.A.L Schools’ price range is from 18K to 30K for International; which is approximately half the fees of many other Tier 2 schools with similar curriculum and offerings.
Come and explore R.E.A.L Schools and discover what REAL education is all about by visiting our upcoming OPEN DAYS on 6 July (Shah Alam Campus), 13 July (Cheras Campus) and 20 July (Johor Bahru Campus). Meet our principals, go on a guided school tour, enjoy exclusive fee waivers, and more!
For further enquiries, please call R.E.A.L Schools at 03-9021 3601 (Cheras Campus), 03-7842 3228 (Shah Alam Campus) or 07-386 4468 (Johor Bahru Campus). Alternatively, you may visit our website at www.realschools.edu.my or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.