There are currently over 170 international schools in Malaysia today. Each international school is unique in terms of their offerings such as the type of the curriculum followed. The British Curriculum is by far the most popular curriculum offered by international schools in Malaysia. However, it is common for international schools to offer more than one curriculum and academic qualification. For example, a school may offer the American Curriculum up until secondary school level and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at pre- university level. The range of international curricula offered in Malaysia is wide, with over ten curricula and examinations in total.
The Canadian Curriculum is commonly used as it is designed to help every student reach their full potential through a programme of learning that is coherent, relevant, and age-appropriate. Students who follow the Canadian Curriculum develop the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to become informed, productive, caring, responsible, and active citizens in their own communities and in the world
Important facts about the Canadian Curriculum in Malaysia:
• The Canadian Curriculum starts off at Kindergarten lasts about two years.
• Students enter Elementary School from Grade 1 to Grade 8.
• Students enter High School from Grade 9 to Grade 12.
• Students of the Ontario Curriculum will undergo assessments where their final grades will be shaped up of 70% coursework and 30% examinations.
• The core values of the curriculum consist of six ‘Cs’ — Character education, citizenship, communication, critical thinking and problem-solving, collaboration and creativity & imagination.
The search results below lists down the international schools in Malaysia offering the Canadian Curriculum! Find the right international school for your child today.